Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Paris Key by Juliet Blackwell


Paris, memories, keys, and family secrets.

Genevieve needed to go back to Paris to her uncle's shop not only to get away from her soon-to-be ex-husband, but to take over Uncle Dave's lock and key shop​ that she had loved as a child​.  Little did she know that she would find family secrets as well.

Both her mother and uncle had passed, but the city held wonderful memories for Genevieve as well as for her mother as we go back and forth in time seeing Angela, Genevieve's mother, in Paris and her uncle who fell in love in Paris and stayed after the war.

Her uncle taught her a locksmith's tricks of the trade when she was twelve, and she wanted to try her hand at it again.  As her uncle told her all the time, "Locksmiths Laugh At Love and Love Has Its Own Set of Burglar Keys."  Genevieve wanted to re-live her times in his shop and to experience Paris as an adult as her mother had done.

When Genevieve explores a house where she is fixing locks and finds secret passages from WWII that have a connection to her mother's time in Paris, you will become totally absorbed in the storyline.

​THE PARIS KEY ​​has you falling in love with the City of Lights as Ms. Blackwell describes the bakeries, the wine, the cheese, and the people. Ms. Blackwell’s writing style is so intriguing that you feel as though you are right there. 

And…we can’t have a book about Paris without love. Love that held secrets about her mother and love for Genevieve.

I enjoyed THE PARIS KEY and the marvelous way Ms. Blackwell pulls you in with her descriptions and authenticity of the city.  

If you have never been to Paris, THE PARIS KEY will make you want to get on the next plane.  :) 

ENJOY!!! I certainly did.  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.


24 comments:

  1. Sounds like another Paris read! It is now on my to read list which just becomes longer and longer. If not before, maybe to read it for next years' 'Paris in July'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it, Lisbeth.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. I love books set in Paris! This sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a winner. Very nice read.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of Genevieve finding secret passages from WWII and that they have a connection to her mother's past in Paris.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes.....a secret past. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  4. This book sounds so great! It is definitely on TBR list. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

      Thanks for stopping, TarheelFIT1.

      Delete
  5. It sounds wonderful, Elizabeth. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary.

      It was a great read.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  6. I love that cover. Something about the colors and set up just does it for me. Juliet Blackwell? Doesn't she write cozy mysteries? Hmm... This man need to go right onto my TBR pile. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful cover. Great colors and a great photo.

      Thanks for stopping, Judith.

      I hope you love the book.

      Delete
  7. This definitely sounds like a me kind of book. I love the setting and always love it when characters kind of go back to their roots. Plus I can never resist a secret passage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....lots of good stuff in this book.

      Enjoy when you read it, Katherine, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  8. After your wonderful review, I am putting The Paris Key on the top of my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ENJOY the book when you read it, Rachna, and thank you for the lovely comment about my review.

      Thanks for stopping, Rachna.

      Delete
  9. Love books with secrets! Paris isn't a setting I usually like but this might do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was excellent.

      Thanks for stopping, Peggy Ann.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa.

      I hope you get to read the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Melissa.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like just my kind of read. Thanks for stopping by my blog Elizabeth.

    http://jaffareadstoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love the book if you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, jaffareadstoo.

      Delete
  12. This certainly sounds like a winner. Another for my ever-lengthening TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy the book, Dorothy.

      LOL on the ever-growing TBR stack. I have one too. LOL!!

      Thanks for stopping, Dorothy.

      Delete