Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The Wishing Game by Meg Shaffer

Did Lucy's wish come true?  She needs a very big wish to come true.

Lucy had met Jack Masterson, children's author, who lived on Clock Island when she was a young girl.

Lucy and three other contestants are called back to the Clock House for a game to win his latest and last book.


Will a contest on the famous Clock Island with the famous Jack Masterson and with the prize of Jack’s last book worth six figures if you sell it save her so she can have enough money and a suitable life to adopt Christopher?

The house and the game Jack had for them on Clock Island was very clever, and the book was a magical one filled with books, love, hope, and lovable characters.

THE WISHING GAME is a different read that at times was a bit odd, but you will love Lucy and Christopher and their journey to become a family.

In the beginning, I was curious about the plot, but soon enough you will be part of the warm feelings flowing from the characters and will be rooting for Lucy to achieve her life-long dream of winning the contest and becoming a mother.

A sweet, uplifting read that also addresses the difficulties of the child foster program.  5/5

This book was given to me by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book.

    I hope you get to read it.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this my Book of the Month pick for June so I'm happy to see you gave it 5 stars!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it, Mary.

      Let me know…ENJOY!!

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete