Friday, September 6, 2024

Book Blogger Hop - 9/6 - 9/12

           

Question of the Week:

September is Library Card Sign-Up Month. What role have libraries played in your reading journey? Do you have any recommendations for books or fond recollections involving libraries? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)
My Answer:

Loved the library as a child and still do even though I have been reading more e-books lately.

I do take out a print book every so often.

I remember my mother taking us to the library on a regular basis.

Our library was in the building's basement - we actually had to walk down at least 30 steps to get to the MAGIC.

My son loves to read also, and we would ALWAYS visit the library.

Many fond memories all around.

6 comments:

  1. I feel like I have more fond memories of my elementary school library. I guess with childhood activities, library visits on weekends were sparse.


    Here's my BBH

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elementary library visits were fun too.

      Thanks for stopping and commenting, Jessica.

      Delete
  2. We try to get to the library as often as possible. Ours are in danger of closing down.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/09/06/book-blogger-hop-libraries/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they don't close down.

      Thanks for your comment, Emily.

      Delete
  3. Libraries are indeed special places--so many of us have happy memories in them. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very special!!

      Thank you for your comment, Literary Feline.

      Delete