Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Wishing Tide by Barbara Davis


Mary, Lane, and Michael.  Three marvelous and completely different characters when put together make the pages of THE WISHING TIDE come alive.

Lane owns a Bed & Breakfast, Mary is homeless, and Michael is the mysterious, unwanted guest who arrives during a storm for what appears to be for reasons other than not having any other place to stay for the night.

All three characters blend together with things in common that they don't know about, and they fill the pages of THE WISHING TIDE with a splendid, beautifully told story.

There is something about Mary that you can't help liking. Could it be her elusiveness,  her purple bag, her ability to read a person, or just her constant presence?

Lane is a character you will feel sorry for even though she seems to have it all. 

Michael seemed sinister, and is someone who appeared on the scene more than by chance and with secrets of his own to work out.​

THE WISHING TIDE is an emotional ride about life's lessons, personal secrets, and personal relationships. 

The writing was beautiful, detailed, and flowed nicely. The descriptions have you hearing the sea, smelling the sea air, and feeling the sand as well as vividly visualizing the buildings,  the quaint town, and every scene.

I enjoyed THE WISHING TIDE simply because it was a cozy, comforting read with outstanding characters, an intriguing storyline, and a magnificent setting.

The entire book and especially the ending wraps you up in a warm, homey cocoon.  Don't miss reading THE WISHING TIDE.  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review. 

14 comments:

  1. As you can tell, I loved this book.

    I hope everyone gets to read it.

    Enjoy when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds a lovely read, a cozy comfortable read as you've described it, can be just what we all need sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good. I hope you can read the book, Lindsay.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound like a comfy read and the cover is so pretty. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a wonderful read.

    Thanks for stopping, Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this sounds brilliant! I haven't seen this one around so thank you for bringing it to my attention. On to the toppling wish list it goes :) !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a lovely read, Colleen.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like e lovely read. I could use a setting by the sea since summer is slipping away and part of me doesn't want to let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a very lovely read, Laura.

    I think you would like it a lot. The setting is in the winter at the sea, but it is still a great setting.

    Thanks for stopping. I knew you said you were waiting to see my review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a very lovely read, Laura.

    I think you would like it a lot. The setting is in the winter at the sea, but it is still a great setting.

    Thanks for stopping. I knew you said you were waiting to see my review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by today! I'm not a fan of the cover, but the story sounds intriguing...mainly because of the disparate characters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you give it a try, Sarah.

    It was wonderful.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great read Elizabeth, thanks for the review and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was very good, Michelle.

    Thanks for stopping.

    I hope you get to read it.

    ReplyDelete