Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Cake Therapist by Judith Fertig


Just as ​cake and icing go together, THE CAKE THERAPIST blends generations and sweets and turns both into one heartfelt story.

THE CAKE THERAPIST​ is a wonderful treat for the senses, especially your taste buds, as well as feelings.

Claire O'Neil Davis has come back home to fulfill her dream of owning a bakery because it just felt like the right thing to do since she and her husband were having problems because of his infidelity

Claire seems to have a knack to be able to "read" people and be able to match up cake batter and icing to the person's mood.  That definitely is a plus when she is helping couples choose the correct batter and icing for their wedding cakes.

Her talent of being able to "read" people definitely helps her figure out that her neighbor has some connection to a wedding couple's father and grumpy Mrs. Amici next door.  This is when the fun begins.

If you want a "sweet" read that has love, family, sharing, and just darn good feelings in it, read THE CAKE THERAPIST.

You won't be disappointed, and you will be running to your nearest bakery to get some sweet treats and perhaps trying to figure out if you are chocolate and raspberry or blueberry and lemon.

The only thing that was a bit confusing was the reason for the flashbacks to the 1940's, but it all comes out in the final chapters that resound with a "yeah" for cake and as Claire says:  "The Power Of Cake."  Page 248

ENJOY!!! 4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the author in return for an honest review.




24 comments:

  1. This sounds good and I love the cover. Anything food related always pulls me in. I don't love when the flashbacks seem random but that's definitely something I can work with - especially if it all comes together in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was worth the read even with the confusing flashbacks.

      A nice, light read.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this one and I'd love to have a slice of that cake on the front. All the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake does look so good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      I hope you get to read the book. That is the main character's signature cake. :)

      Delete
  3. Who can resist that cover? The book sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good.

      The cover is GREAT.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  4. The cover is charming! I'm glad you enjoyed this book, Elizabeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I love the cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a book right up my alley! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good "escape" book. Nice and light.

      Thanks for stopping, Captivated Reader.

      Delete
  6. I'm a cover snob and that cover certainly grabbed my attention. Glad you enjoyed the book, I hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a cover snob too. :) It is a great cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Vicki.

      Delete
  7. The cover is very cool. I like the sound of flashbacks within the story. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like flashbacks, but these didn't seem to fit into the story.

      Regardless, it was a great read.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a really cute, "tasty" read! :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very "tasty" read.

      I hope you get to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete
  9. Had to come over and see your thoughts on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by, Sheila.

      I hope you liked my thoughts. :)

      Great to see you here.

      Delete
  10. I liked it - a fast and sweet read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very "sweet" read.

      I enjoyed it.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  11. This reminds me of that movie, I think it was called Chocolat. Cake is serious depression therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that movie, but it sounds good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kristin.

      Delete
  12. I've seen a few reviews of this one. It seems to be a nice and light read for the summer time. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good for a summer read.

      Thanks for stopping, Darlene.

      Delete