Thursday, April 27, 2023

With My Little Eye by Joshilyn Jackson

Meribel had to move across the country because of a stalker.

She thought she had lost him, but he kept sending letters to her old address and then left a basket on the doorstep of her new apartment.

How could he have found her?  She was being so careful.

WITH MY LITTLE EYE definitely kept the stalker's identity a secret as I kept reading to try to find out what was going on.

I do have to say I was not anxious to get back to the book or really interested in the confusing story line, but I kept reading because I wanted to know who the stalker was.

The ending was very suspenseful but not enough to raise my rating.  

Even the revelation of the stalker wasn't that riveting and came out of nowhere.

I actually was disappointed because I always enjoy Ms. Jackson's books. 2/5

This book was given to me by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.


 

6 comments:

  1. Mystica VarathapalanApril 27, 2023 at 1:57 AM

    Sorry it did not live up to expectations

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shame it was disappointing, thanks for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very disappointing.

      I hate to give bad reviews, but it just was not her usual good book.

      Thanks for your comment, shelleyrae.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy that is not good, what a pity, I like her books too but confusing - no I don't, and an honest review not a bad review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Very honest review. 😀

      Thanks for your comment, Kathryn.

      Delete