Saturday, October 1, 2011

Peace at the Edge of Uncertainty by Neil Hanson



"Standing beside the bed with Julie, I felt Erik's spirit as clearly as I saw his face, and it was obvious that a circle had begun to close - a circle that had been incomplete before he entered the room." Page 40 & 41.

I believe in this circle too...I believe we begin to come full circle with our life and the lives of our brothers and sisters when the circle is complete with love for each other that is there, but many times not expressed. I think it is a beautiful closure for everyone.

This is an extremely introspective book that will make the reader think about his/her life and the relationship with family and especially one's parents.

Do you we really know another person the way we should know them....how they feel, how they perceive/perceived things? Or...is it better to not know the "all" about the life of our parents as we grew up and our relationship with them.

There is also a theme of forgiveness throughout the book. It was difficult to get started, but once you begin reading this short book, you will want to continue so you can compare your life to what is going on in the book and perhaps make changes in relationships before it will be a regret for you. 4/5

4 comments:

  1. Short read, but will make you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good read! I'll have to put it on my maybe-list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review Elizabeth - I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!

    Neil Hanson
    http://neilhanson.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great site Elizabeth! thanks for stopping by! I'm following you back. :) If you like cooking as much as reading, I'll be hosting a Fabulous Food Friday blog hop this Friday! stop by and check it out! http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete