Sunday, January 24, 2016

MARCEL PROUST and a LOVELY QUOTE


I found this lovely quote in I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS by Michelle Gable. 

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  Marcel Proust

My review of I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS will be on my blog on February 9.
********


Valentin Louis Georges Eugène Marcel Proust (/prst/;[1] French: [maʁsɛl pʁust]; 10 July 1871 – 18 November 1922) was a French novelist, critic, and essayist best known for his monumental novel À la recherche du temps perdu (In Search of Lost Time; earlier translated as Remembrance of Things Past), published in seven parts between 1913 and 1927. He is considered by many to be one of the greatest authors of all time.[2][3]
********


5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this book.

    I hope you enjoy it if you read it.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great quote. I am grateful for those in the my life who accept me for who I am and who love me as much as I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it and wanted to share.

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete
  3. A very lovely quote. I've always thought we are all made up of the people we meet throughout our lives, especially the people who encourage us to better ourselves. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your thoughts too.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete