Friday, October 31, 2014

The Paris Winter by Imogen Robertson


Who wouldn't want to spend the winter in Paris?  Maud was in Paris starving and freezing as an art student when Tanya, a wealthy woman, befriended her and helped ​Maud ​obtain a position ​in a home to take care of a young lady.

​Maud found out the accommodations brought about more than a warm place to stay and good meals.  Sylvie, the young lady she was taking care of, smoked opium and stole things​, her "brother" wasn't very honest, and nothing was what it seemed. What else was going to happen, and what did she get herself into?

What was supposed to be a life-changing winter turned out to be a winter of lies, ​danger​, deceit, and murder​. 

The beginning of THE PARIS WINTER was a bit slow, but as the tale unraveled, there was nothing slow​, ​​nothing short of deviousness, and nothing ​short of
intrigue​.  Don't give up too soon.

You will feel sorry for Maud, you will love Tanya and Yvette - they are actually comical and so loyal to Maude, you will hate Sylvie and her "brother," and you will question all that goes on with them and question their motives.

I thoroughly enjoyed THE PARIS WINTER because of the well-developed, unlikeable, devious, corrupt characters and the unpredictable, twisted plot with a marvelous, thrilling ending.   This thrilling ending was set during the Paris flood of 1910 and was a perfect connection to Maud's intentions.

Don't miss reading THE PARIS WINTER.  You will be pulled in just like the flood waters of Paris pulled in its citizens.  THE PARIS WINTER is an alluring, captivating historical read. 4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

24 comments:

  1. Loved this book once it got started.

    ENJOY if you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review, thanks! I've seen this on NetGalley, I think I'll request it now. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review! I love anything to do with Paris, and I like historical settings. That's definitely going on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Elizabeth. What a great compliment coming from an author.

    ENJOY...I think you will like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Carole.

    I think you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

    So you have read it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds fantastic! I definitely want to know more about all the deceptions. Plus, how can I resist that cover?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about the cover. That is what attracted my attention.

    I hope you get to read this book.

    Thanks as always for stopping, Katherine P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review, Elizabeth. I would like to read this book now.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds very interesting. I'll have to give it a look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you do get to read it, Carmen.

    So exciting to hear I helped you want to read the book.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping, Dorothy.

    I hope you get to read the book if you find out you may like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's something about books set in Paris isn't there? this sounds highly intriguing....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes...books in Paris are always so intriguing and inviting.

    I have only been to the Paris airport, but anyone who visits just loves it.

    Thanks for stopping by, Clothes in Books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cover! I'm glad that readers really connect with and like the characters. Excellent review, Elizabeth!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why thank you, Alyssa.

    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love historical fiction.

    Coming from Carole's books you love November. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping, Brooke.

    It was a really good book.

    I hope you get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a FUN book!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was a good read.

    Thanks for stopping, Shauna.

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks, I definitely need to try it!

    ReplyDelete