Wednesday, October 1, 2014

This Is The Water Yannick Murphy

The first two words in the title of the book is the way Ms. Murphy began many sentences in THIS IS THE WATER, and it seems to be her writing style. To me, it was an odd, unique style and took a bit of getting used to.

THIS IS THE WATER is about a swim team, the parents of the swimmers, and about a murder that affected the entire community.

I was looking for a mystery, but found a book mostly about swimming and the personal lives of the team's parents.

It was a bit difficult to get started because of how the book was written.  ​The book did keep you guessing, though, about who the murderer was that was killing young girls at ​rest stops. When it was revealed, the scene was quite scary, and the murderer was someone you wouldn't expect.

I continued to read the book because I wanted to find out how it would end, but I did skim quite a few pages.  2/5

This book was given to me and my book club as a win in a contest on TLC.  No compensation was given, and this review is my opinion.

7 comments:

  1. It took a while to get used to the writing style and to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this didn't work for you. Swim teams are HUGE around here so I might enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you read it.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds okay but I have too many books on my TBR to mess with okay! It's too bad that it wasn't what you expected but it's good that you still got some enjoyment out out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Katherine.

    It wasn't bad, but I just wasn't interested in swimming and love affairs. :)

    The murder only took up a small portion of the book.

    Thanks for stopping to comment, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's never good when you are skimming through pages. At least it was free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...definitely, stacybuckeye.

    FREE is good.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete