Monday, October 13, 2014

The Wonder of All Things by Jason Mott

Would someone really be able to heal another person and have that ability and not know it?  Does love bring it to the surface?  Does it happen when a dire situation closely affecting the healer happens?
 

Ava didn't know she had the ability to heal, and it turned her life ​upside down ​and the entire town of Stone Temple as well.  Folks were flocking to this unknown town after Ava healed her friend Wash.

​Most of the people coming to Stone Temple wanted Ava to heal them or a loved one, but she became ill when she healed someone so it was a difficult decision for her parents as well as Ava.

THE WONDER OF ALL THINGS will make you think about how you would react to the situation if you were the healer or if you were a person needing to be healed.  The characters in the story "grow" on you, and you become attached to them.

​Ava was sweet, but aloof.  Wash was very likeable.  Macon, Ava's dad, was different.  Brenda, Wash's grandmother will make you want a grandmother like  her.  Ava's mother, Heather, who had passed away,​ was different. Carmen, Ava's stepmother, was likeable and someone I felt sorry for.  The Reverend was someone I wasn't too fond of.

THE WONDER OF ALL THINGS was mostly conversation and a book that had an interesting storyline like Mr. Mott's other book, but it wasn't gripping.  I simply kept reading because I "had" to find out if they knew why Ava had this power of healing and what happened to this small town that was flooded with more people than it could possibly hold.  I didn't find the answers out to those questions. 

It was an odd-themed book, well written, but not that interesting.  The ending was a bit vague, and the entire book was nothing outstanding.  3/5

This book was given to me free of charge by the publisher and without compensation in return for an honest review.​


5 comments:

  1. Have you read this book?

    If so, what were your thoughts?

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not sure I'd buy the healing aspect of the book. It sure would be nice if someone had that ability though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...it was a bit difficult to believe about the healing.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wished I would read more, had more time to do it. I used to love it an immerse completely. I think I will stop by your blog more often to get a hint of what I loved and maybe you will even get me to buy a book again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Claudia.

    I hope you get back into reading, and if I can help, I will be very happy,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete